This year, Andrew and I finally got around to fixing the lawn mower and really getting the backyard into shape. We have already set up a croquet set that we are obsessed with, we will be pros in no time. This made me think of other games I want to add for the ultimate backyard party space. As always, I find a little creativity and DIY can be cheaper than store bought items. Sooo…I found some awesome DIY yard games for the best summer ever!
DIY Yard Games
- Outdoor Ladder Toss has got to be one of my favorite yard games! This super easy DIY also makes it possible to paint in whatever colors your desire.
2. Yard Yahtzee is perfect if you have a smaller yard. You can also just paint the blocks if you don’t have a wood burning kit like the tutorial shows.
3. Giant Connect Four has become the most popular of DIY yard games. I first saw it a few years ago when my friend, Ryan, created one for Sunday Funday. It is such a great game to entertain!
4. Lawn Dominos is a great way to add a pop of color to your backyard shenanigans. Plus, I love board games so making them jumbo is super fun!
5. Tic Tac Toe is a great way to use the resources you already have. You can literally create the game out of anything, this rock version is pretty perfect.
6. DIY checkers is another creative way to bring board games to a larger than life status. Plus it is really aesthetically pleasing!
7. Yard Scrabble is perfect for those who love word games. May be a little bit more of a process to create though.
8. This ring toss is super simple to recreate with very little supplies.
9. Another version of the ring toss that takes a more difficult twist. This one may be a little more difficult to execute but it could definitely attract a crowd!
10. Corn hole will always be a classic. Everyone enjoys a good game of corn hole, not to mention you can personalize it and create the best house warming gift!
We have some old wood that Andrew was thinking about junking, but now I am definitely going to recreate a few games for our next big gathering! Which yard games are your favorite to play?