Happy Friday! This week’s Friday Five is a little different. Mainly because it is about one topic as a whole and also because there are six favorites haha. I love candles and essential oils. Basically anything that makes my home smell good. Essential oils can be used in so many different ways from holistic health to aromatherapy. In an effort to improve the vibe of my home and transitioning into spring I have put together some amazing essential oil blends that will freshen your home.
Spring Essential Oil Basics
Before blending all kinds of oils together you need to have the basics down. For me, there are some essentials that I have with my all the time. Peppermint, sweet orange and lavender are my top three! However, a lot of spring blends also incorporate lemon, lime, and grapefruit. Basically anything fruity, haha. I have listed them below with links where you can grab them!
Spring Essential Oil Blends
Now onto the blends! Some of these sound AMAZING but do include pre-blended essential oils that you may have to purchase, but don’t worry I got those links for you.
Spring is reflective of new life and being in bloom which is the perfect time to bring fresh scents into your home. Brighten up the vibe after a long winter of feeling stuck inside. Bringing out the fruity and floral aromas is key to incorporating new life into your space! Here are a few of my favorite blends that I believe will do just that.
- LEMON CREAM – This just sounds amazing. My favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie so this one was a given. Here are the essential oils you need: lemon, stress away and copaiba. With the exception of lemon I actually am not super familiar with stress away and copaiba. Copaiba is a woody, balsamic scent that can also be used as an antiseptic for cuts. Stress away is a blend of lime and vanilla oils.
- SPRING FLING – This blend consists of lemon, lime, grapefruit and sweet orange which adds all the citrus scents to create an amazing uplifting aroma.
- CLEAN KITCHEN – A combination of lemon, lavender, lemon and rosemary.
- EASTER – I am not super sure why this one is dubbed “Easter” but hey maybe it is your perfect celebration scent! With peppermint, a lot of lemon and some geranium it adds a nice crisp, floral aroma.
- FRESH AIR – Ugh, I need this one so bad! I feel like over the winter my home gets insanely stuffy and I am just looking for a way to counteract that. This is a lavender, lemon, peppermint blend creating a really fresh scent…duh.
- SPRING FEVER – And leading from that last one, I have all of the spring fever! Combining lime, grapefruit and geranium is just going to add to my needing the snow to go away.
Favorite Essential Oil Diffusers
You can’t have essential oils without some diffusers. If you don’t want to buy an expensive diffuser you can also use the little glass bottles with wooden diffuser sticks. However, I have one and am daydreaming about getting another. Here are a few of my favorites!
This is the diffuser that I currently have from Amazon. It will stay on for 6 hours unattended and changes colors.
This diffuser is practically the same thing but in white which I also really love.
This diffuser from Young Living is my DREAM DIFFUSER! It is definitely on the pricy side but it is this gorgeous wood and glass combination and comes with a remote control. I dream about this diffuser daily, haha.
I am so excited to incorporate these blends into my home. What blends are your favorite during the season change!? xo Tayla